Wednesday, May 7, 2014

"Beyond the Armor" -Crane Dress


 
My wonderful and super talented friend Bridget Sullivan was selected to compete in a local design completion put on by Detroit Institute of Arts and the Detroit Garment Guild. The garments are inspired by the "Beyond the Armor" Samurai exhibit at the DIA.
 
When Bridget asked me to photograph her dress before she submitted it I was so happy to help her out with this. I wanted to showcase her inspiration by creating strong , yet still delicate pictures that would do the dress justice and represent her Crane inspiration as well. We decided to incorporate ballet into the shoot because it very much represents a strong and delicate art as well. 
 
We couldn't have done it with out our very talented model Destiny Mankowski,
and an amazing team of people! We also got to collaborate with The Peacock Room, and they provided the perfect jewelry for the shoot!
 

 
I also enjoyed experimenting with some conceptual photography for this dress mainly because I thought it suit this very fine-art based fashion competition and also because I wanted to experiment with a few new techniques.
 
Please help support Bridget and myself by taking a minute to Vote for her dress #8 in this design competition. Voting last til the 12th of May and the Fashion is at the DIA on the 17th.
 
 
 
Also if you want to know about how she made the Crane dress visit Bridget's blog in the link below, and thanks again for stopping by my blog!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment